header-photo

Papa Gino - Awesome Spaghetti Bolognese

Located in the home of Italian food in Melbourne
221 Lygon Street Carlton.
http://papaginos.com.au

What a find! Out of all the restaurants I had to choose from, I'm glad I picked this one last week. Spotted it being very busy when cruising pass in my car so I decided that it was a must try. Went there again last night.

First time, we had our usual Penne Arrabiata and out of my ordinary I selected the Spaghetti Bolognese. Both great dishes, the Penne was a unique arrabiata but the standout was definately the bolognese. I haven't tasted great bolognese since I was little so this was a great discovery. Spaghetti was cooked perfectly and bolognese was flavoursome. Had it last night again, and they didn't disappoint us.
Also tried the gourmet pizza (not pizzas, after recommendation from Kim). Wasn't that great, Zeferellis back in Canberra still make the best gourmet pizza to me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Italian place to try: Settebello (corner Lt Bourke St & hardware Lane in Melbourne)

Settebello not only opens Monday to Saturday for breakfast and lunch, they do dinners from Thursday to Saturday as well, serving tapas, gourmet pizzas and desserts which include choc pizza! Fabulous food you can get there! I was there the other day and they have $5 beers on Thursday to Saturday to go with the tapas, you guys should go and try it, the place is just getting better! Atmosphere, food and service is great!

See Melbourne city website for link:

http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/DiningandNightlife/Restaurants/CasualDining/Pages/3381.aspx